I have been working on a few projects for the room! Since I finished the dresser I have been given a few things, bought a few things and made several things!
I bought this lamp at Michael’s a little more than a month ago. It was normally priced at $60.00 but it around 70% off and then I had an additional 20% off so I ended up getting it for under $15.00. I wanted a big, “different” lamp and I think I accomplished that!
My sister-in-law gave us this rocker recliner she bought when she was pregnant with her oldest son. She decided she did not plan to use it in our niece’s room. She offered to let us use it and of course I jumped on it! It is comfy and I have loved it since she ordered it (I was there when she designed it).
The pillow I also got a Michael’s on sale and with a 20% off coupon so it ended up being around $7.00 when it was normally $30.00. I love it when they have great sales!!!
My mom made us a fan pull (because I am too short to reach it). This picture does not do it justice – it is cute and sparkly.
I sewed a cradle mattress cover to match the room. Gender neutral of course! It was my first attempt at making a cradle cover and it probably should not have taken me so long but I am proud of it none the less.
I attempted to change the black mirror into a cream mirror. I told everyone on facebook as long as you don’t look at it closely it looks pretty good! (Haha)
I gave in and bought this print at Hobby Lobby. I have been looking at it for several weeks now and since it was half off I broke down and bought it. It obviously won’t go on the dresser/changing table – I think it will probably go on the wall between the bookcase and the dresser but I haven’t quite made up my mind.
I started working on a growth chart that will eventually go behind the door in the room. The “blue” color is a little dark but I do like it so far! I have to distress it, glaze it, seal it and put hardware on the back to hang it but I am pleased with it!
So project wise I think we are making great progress! This weekend I hope to start on a pallet project that I think will end up with a Dr. Who quote on it in the room colors.
Once we match and place, I also have plans for our child’s name on the wall but I can’t do that until later. =)